It’s not a good idea to put your old fluorescent tubes in the bin (any bin). Fluoro tubes need to be carefully recycled as they contain poisons, that if buried in landfill, will leach into the ground. Also the poisons are worth good money, mercury for example.
So why do i come across an image like the one above a little too often:
Is it either:
A: Some people may not realise that fluorescent tubes can’t go in the bin
B: Some may not know how to find out about fluorescent tubes
C: Some people may not care
One things for sure: What ever you stick in your bin will just miraculously disappear. Yep, I’ve said it a million times: It’s still way too easy to just ‘get rid’ of stuff. Too easy to pass the responsibility to someone else.